French fries: they make a great side to your sandwich, burger, or steak, but most varieties come loaded with additional fats and oils – not to mention, tons of calories. However, just because most of us consume the type of French fries served by fast-food restaurants, doesn’t mean that there isn’t another, healthier way to prepare this potato-based side. Here, we’ll show you how to create Baked French Fries at home. Check out the recipe below!
• 3 pounds russet potatoes, sliced like French fries
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is heating, cut potatoes into fry shapes, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
2. Add cut potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a resealable plastic bag or large mixing bowl. Shake to cover all of the potatoes evenly with oil and seasoning.
3. Place potatoes on a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Then, flip the fries and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until all fries are golden brown.
5. Prefer your fries extra-crispy? Broil them for an extra minute after cooking.
There’s nothing like expanding your meal plan with a new recipe! Jefferson on the Lake Apartments in Olathe, Kansas is proud to introduce you to new meal ideas that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.